Henderson Hall Education Center
Marine & Family Program (MFP) office is available Monday – Friday only by phone or email. MFP Center is closed until further notice with all staff at 100% Telework.
Are you ready to advance in your career? Are you interested in obtaining a college degree or obtaining credits through examination? The mission of the Henderson Hall Education Center is to stimulate the lifelong learning process by effectively communicating the educational programs offered and to provide the requisite information, tools and support to the learning process.
Programs and services we offer:
- Advisement Sessions
- College & University Search Assistance
- Joint Services Transcript (JST) Assistance
- Tuition Assistance (TA) Program
- Veterans Affairs Education Benefits Assistance including Ch 33-9/11 GI Bill
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Assistance
- Military & Academic Testing Services
- United Services Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP) Assistance
Postsecondary Education Complaint System (PECS)
A complaint system for servicemembers and their family members to report misleading or unfair actions regarding Montgomery or Post 9/11 GI Bill, Federal financial aid, and Private student loans by education institutions. To file a complaint, please visit the following website:
We offer the following military testing: AFCT, DLPT, DLAB. OPI and TABE. To schedule military testing or any questions regarding military testing, please email HNHL_EDUTEST@USMC.MIL.
CLEP testing is also available and is administered by Park University. To schedule CLEP testing or any questions you have regarding CLEP testing, please email HEND@PARK.EDU
University of Maryland University College (UMUC)
Henderson Hall: 703-693-8049
Fort Myer: 703-527-4952
- Academic Explorer
- Big Future
- College Navigator
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- DoD MOU Schools
- U.S. Department of Education-Office of Postsecondary Education
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Explorer (SFeX)
Interested in discovering and applying for scholarships and financial assistance tailored to meet your specific needs? Have you heard of certain financial assistance options and just don't know how to get started?
A growing number of military friendly organizations are offering scholarships and other financial aid to active duty Service Members, former Service Members, and their dependants. Scholarships and financial aid are often based on need and merit, not just prior education. Start with the Marine Corps Scholarship & Financial Aid Explorer (SFeX) which provides comprehensive information on the scholarships and financial aid offerings of numerous public and private organizations. You can quickly and efficiently locate the scholarships and financial aid offerings that best meet your needs, thereby avoiding the overwhelming amount of information provided by generic web-based search engines...
- Veterans Affairs Education Befefits
- TA Online Application
- Marine Corps Tuition Assistance(TA) Program Policy & Procedures
MARADMIN 218/19 MCO 1560.25
- Joint Services Transcript (JST)
Provides recommended college credit for military occupational experience and training
- DoD MWR Libraries (Education/Lifelong Learning Resource)
Tools for college success: CLEP, DSST, college search
Tools for military success: Prep for ASVAB, MFAT, OCT, AFOQT and GED
Tools for portable civilian career: Civil service/licensure prep, create a resume
Tools for high school success: Prep for SAT, ACT, PSAT, AP SAT Subject Tests
Tools for an Allied Health and Nursing career: Prep for NCLEX, EMT, Allied Health exams
Getting into grad school: Prep for GRE, GMAT, LSAT.
- United Services Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP)
The USMAP is a formal military training program that provides active duty Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy service members the opportunity to improve their job skills and to complete their civilian apprenticeship requirements while they are on active duty.
- Registered Apprenticeship-Department of Labor new apprenticeship website