FACE COVERING ENFORCED IN MCX
Per the memorandum sent on 5 April, the MCX will be enforcing the use of facial coverings (clean T-shirts, bandanas, handkerchiefs, or other clean cloths that can cover the nose and mouth area) while in the store. This is especially important for the times when customers can’t maintain the appropriate 6 FEET for social distancing. To continue to service our customers, we are still only allowing 15 CUSTOMERS in the store at a time.
STARTING TUESDAY, APRIL 7 – MCX PARTIAL CLOSURE
In order to preserve the health and well-being of our patrons and staff, the Henderson Hall Marine Corps Exchange will remain open for essential retail purchases only, beginning Tuesday, 7 April. Essential purchases are those items located on the first floor. The second and third floors will be closed until further notice. All customers will need to enter the store via the back entrance by the Capital Deli.
STARTING MONDAY, MARCH 23 – NEW MCX HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday – Sunday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
CARD ONLY PAYMENTS:
In an effort to continue to service our customers during this uncertain time, MCX will be switching to cashless service. CARD ONLY payments will be accepted at all registers.
In an effort to continue to service our customers during this uncertain time, trying on Shoes will not be allowed at this time.
NAMETAPES ARE BACK!
We are doing Special Orders. Please, see a Sales Associate to pick up purchases
MOBILE CENTER AT MCX HENDERSON HALL
The Mobile Center, located at the Marine Corps Exchange Henderson Hall, will have new hours of operation, starting on March 29, 2020:
Monday—Friday: 10:00am — 6:00pm; Saturday/Sunday: 10:00am-5:00pm.
TAILOR SHOP CLOSURE
The Tailor Shop for Civilians will be closed March 29 – April 11. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
STARTING SUNDAY, APRIL 12 – NEW MCX HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday – Sunday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Our Business Operations consist of retail operations, to include our flagship Marine Corps Exchange, The Vineyard Wine & Spirits, and the Marine Mart at Marine Barracks Washington Eighth & I. Services include the American Clipper Barber Shop, car wash, and vending operations.
NEX Uniform Center
Hours of Operation: click here
The NEX Uniform Center is open in the MCX, with a large assortment of uniforms and Navy Pride items. A tailor is onsite weekdays. Dry cleaning service is available: clothing left Tuesday before 11:30 AM will be returned Thursday at 11:30 AM; clothing left Thursday by 11:30 AM will be returned Tuesday 11:30 AM. Military and civilian clothing is accepted.
Navy Federal Credit Union ATMs
There are two Navy Federal Credit Union ATMs at the Marine Corps Exchange. One is located in the breezeway; the other is in the entrance foyer. Both are accessible 24/7.
Cash Cage/Western Union
Patrons may continue to write checks for purchases and for $25 cash back over the purchase amount. Western Union is available.
Western Union is no longer processing at the Cash Cage.
Tailor Shop (Civilian Clothes Only)
Tailoring services for civilian clothes is available Tuesday through Saturday.
Alterations Shop (Uniforms)
Tailoring and sewing for military uniforms is available Monday through Friday.
See associates before going to the Alterations Department.
Retail Services / Savings Programs
We are able to accept Special Orders for the following brands:
• Allen Edmonds
• Cole Haan
• Johnson & Murphy
• Brooks Brothers
• Alexandre London
• Briggs & Riley
Inquires are taken Tuesday – Saturday, Noon – 6 PM.
Please note that it may take up to two (2) weeks or longer to check the availability of the product before we contact you to proceed with the ordering process.
Introducing the Military STAR Card
Marine Corps Exchange encourages and promotes the responsible use of credit and building credit wisely. The Military Star Card is tailored to active duty, reserve, retired-service members and their family's credit needs. At forward deployed locations it has proven to be invaluable to military members in making purchases at the tactical field exchanges and temporary exchange facilities, because of the acceptance and controls. That's why there is no other credit source available to service members and their families today that can provide the level of support that the Military Star Card provides. To learn more, visit their website or chat online with a sales representative today.
• Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on installation.
• Automatically receive a $20 rewards card with 2,000 points.
• Support MWR with every purchase.
Students in grades 1 – 12, including home-schooled students, who attain an overall B average for the grading period, may bring their report cards to MCX within 30 days to receive a scratch-off card with a guaranteed prize. Simply bring a valid Military ID card and the most recent report card to Customer Service to receive a scratch-off card valued at $5, $10, $25, $50, $100 or $250. This year's program beginning September 25, 2017 and concludes July 21, 2018 and is supported solely by vendor partners.
Coverage you can count on. Enjoy the products you depend on, long after your purchase, with an Exchange Protection Plan.
The Exchange Protection Plan covers these products and more: Laptops, Tablets, TVs, Refrigerators, Gaming Systems, Jewerly/Watches, Biclycles, Mowers, Sunglasses.
Why repair it when you can replace it?
No deductibles • Worldwide service • Transferrable • 24/7 Customer support • Parts and Labor • Covers drops, spills, cracked screens on portable electronics.
See how an Exchange Protection Plan stacks up against the Manufacturer's Warranty:
How to buy a plan.
Exchange Protection Plans are available on all eligible products sold online. And may also be purchased at your local exchange.
Easy Claims & Service Scheduling.
All Exchange Protection Plan customers have easy access to our solution hub where you can file a claim, manage your plans, and get product support. Visit Asurion.com/military.
- No Hidden Fees. 100% parts & labor coverage, no deductibles, and protection against unexpected failures for the life of your plan.
- Normal Wear and Tear. Failures as a result of heat, dust and humidity are covered, in addition to power surge protection.
- Accidental Damage from Handling. Whether you drop your product or drop something on your product, we’ll cover the repair cost.
- Transferable Plans. You can transfer protection plans for individual products to a new owner, with no charges or restrictions.
- Worldwide Protection. Service is available in both CONUS and OCONUS areas with customer care representatives available to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How to Register.
- Step 1. Purchase your extended service plan at your local Marine Corps Exchange.
- Step 2. Register your plan online at: www.productassist.com/marinecorps.
- Step 3. To learn more about your plan coverage or the Keep It New program, please visit your local MCX, or call 1-866-805-7924.
Hassle-Free Price Match Guarantee
Our promise is simple.
We will price match the final sale price of identical items, in new condition, in retail packaging, available to purchase at any brick and mortar store operating within a U.S. state, or select online retailers (auction and marketplace sites excluded).
Price Match Requirements
- Final Sale Price – Competitor price after all discounts applied. Shipping, handling, and taxes not included.
- Identical Item – Item for item match – count, brand, model, series. Sizes and colors are not required to be identical.
- New Condition – Item being matched must be considered new.
- In Retail Packaging – Item being matched must be considered as packaged in its original state to sell.
- Available to Purchase The item must be currently available/in-stock to purchase at any brick and mortar store operating within the United States or these online retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy, Buy Buy Baby, Costco, CVS, Dick's, GameStop, JC Penney, Kmart, Kohl's, Macy's, MyNavyExchange.com, Office Depot, Petco, PetSmart, Sam's Club, Sears, ShopMyExchange.com, Staples, Target, Ulta, Walgreens, and Walmart.
Controlled by legal and/or business requirements:
- Commissary Pricing
- Fine Jewelry
- Alcohol (only in same state)
Additional MCX exclusions:
- Competitor misprints
- Mail in Rebates (Instant Rebates are approved)
- Offers that include financing
- Third Party Marketplaces (i.e. eBay, Auction Sites, Amazon Marketplace)
- Refurbished Items
- Product Services (contracts, warranties, repair, assembly)
- Bundled Offers and Special Purchases
- A competitors’ promotion of a free gift card or financial gift card with the purchase of an item
The Marine Corps Exchange will not match prices on auction sites, refurbished goods, gray market items, gun shows and unauthorized dealers. The MCX will price match local competitors' prices on Guns and Ammunition on exact items within the same state.
Rules for Firearms Purchasing at MCX Henderson Hall
- DoD ID with Exchange privileges AND a Virginia Driver’s License at least 30 days old with a current updated address.
- DoD ID, PCS Orders to any Command in Virginia (Not Washington, DC) AND one recent address confirmation stating you’re a Virginia resident.
- DoD ID, Leave & Earning Statement AND one address confirmation stating you’re a Virginia resident.
- Examples of address confirmations: Utility bill such as Power/Water/Gas, Voter’s ID, Vehicle Registration, Hunting or Fishing License, Carry Conceal Permit, Marriage Certificate, Banking Statement, Property or Real Estate Taxes, or an Internet Bill. Lease Agreements Not Eligible.
- PCS Orders to WASHINGTON, DC must have THE PENTAGON listed.
- Reservists that are temporarily stationed in the Commonwealth of Virginia May Not purchase handguns.
- Web Orders are NOT accepted. Original Orders Only with Order # listed.
- You may purchase Long Guns (not handguns) with your Military I.D., valid driver’s licenses or state issued ID card with photo, AND two forms of address confirmation - Long Gun must be legal in the state you reside.
- Maryland residents – Cannot purchase firearms due to Maryland State Laws and the capacity rounds of our magazines. Please speak with an associate about possible military locations in Maryland that you may purchase firearms from, if interested.
- Washington, DC residents may purchase a rifle or shotgun (not handguns), if they have a letter of approval from the Metropolitan Police Department.