ZEMBIEC POOL IS OPEN
The Zembiec Pool Facility is open to Active Duty and Reserve Uniformed Service Members, Retirees, their Dependents, and DoD/USCG Civilians with Approved ID Card.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 6:00am - 7:00pm
Weekends & Holidays: Closed
Adult (15 and Up) Lap and Open Swim: All Day
Youth (Under 15) Lap and Open Swim: 8:00am – 5:00pm
The Henderson Hall Swimming Pool is open to active duty military personnel and their family members, retirees and their family members, and DOD civilians and their family members. Winter water temperature is set at 76°F.
Please check our Facebook page for the most up to date information on the Marine Corps Aquatics Program at Henderson Hall, information on upcoming classes and programs, as well as weather related or seasonal delays and closures at the Zembiec Pool Facility Bldg.#11.
Aquatics Program Facebook Page – Click here
Zembiec Pool is a 25 yard pool with capability for up to six lap lanes. The depth begins at 4 feet and end at 11½ feet. The pool is free and open to active duty military personnel and their family members, retirees and their family members, and DOD civilians and their family members. Training and fitness equipment is available for Lap Swimming, Unit PT, and Aqua Aerobics. We provide changing rooms with showers, bathrooms, and lockers. We do not provide towel service, and we ask that you do not leave personal items in the lockers overnight due to the limited number.
Patrons: in our ongoing efforts to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the Zembiec Pool facility, please note the following changes at the facility are effective October 1, 2017.
- Locker Rooms will be CLOSED Monday–Friday 8:30-9:00 am & 3:30-4:00 pm for routine cleaning.
- Zembiec Pool facility will CLOSE at 4:00 pm on the 1st Friday of each month for safety and sanitation inspections.
The Zembiec Pool is a year round facility. During the winter, patrons must enter the pool through the airlock door in the main lobby. We ask that patrons close one door before opening the next when entering the pool. If you have any more questions, please contact the pool.
Rules and Regulations
- All Patrons must comply with the directions of the lifeguards and the Pool Management. Patrons must comply with all posted signage. Failure to comply with these rules is grounds for immediate dismissal from the pool facility and/or banning from the facility at the Management’s discretion.
- Active Duty Personnel hold priority access to facility and equipment usage.
- Open swim or usage of the main pool by patrons and guests under the age of 15 is restricted to 0800-1100 and 1300-1600 during weekday operations. Open swim and usage of the main pool is authorized to all patrons during weekend operations when applicable.
- A parent, or adult over 18, must sign in and actively supervise any person under the age of 15. Patrons under the age of 12 must complete a swim test administered by pool staff. Patrons under the age of 12 may not go beyond the 6 ft. depth mark without a supervising adult in the water with them. Supervision is limited to 3 individuals per supervising adult. Children that have not been potty trained may not enter main pool.
- Non-swimmers are prohibited from entering water depths above their shoulders without USCG approved life vests. USCG approved life vests are required wear for children who cannot swim. A parent, or adult over 18, must enter the water with non-swimmer children and be within arm’s reach. Children wearing flotation devices are not permitted in water deeper than 6 ft.
- Authorized patrons over the age of 18 are allowed to sign in guests. The authorized patron is responsible for their guests conduct, will remain with, and supervise their guests at all times during their visit. Guests are limited to 3 individuals per authorized patron.
- No pets are allowed in the facility. Guide and service animals are permitted.
- Only proper and clean attire may be worn in the pool facility. Clothing that is overly revealing, displays obscene imagery, or bears profanity is strictly prohibited. Management reserves the right dismiss or ban patrons from the facility should they fail to comply with the dress code.
- Lockers are provided to patrons for use during the patrons visit only unless otherwise authorized by the management. The Aquatics Program and its affiliates are not liable for loss and/or theft of property.
- Patrons must shower before entering the pool. Persons with or showing evidence of communicable diseases or open sores and cuts will not be permitted in the pool area. Spitting, urinating, or otherwise contaminating the pool is prohibited.
- Glass items are forbidden within the pool enclosure. Bringing or throwing any object into the pool that may in any way cause contamination, endanger the safety of bathers, or produce unsightliness is prohibited.
- Eating, drinking, or smoking in the pool or on the pool deck is prohibited. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited inside the pool enclosure. Any patron showing signs of inebriation will be asked to leave the facility.
- Diving is allowed in designated areas only. Aquatics Staff may restrict or prohibit diving pertinent to the requirements of the program.
- Lap Lanes are reserved for lap swimming only. All other usage is restricted to designated recreational areas as authorized by Aquatics Staff. Hanging or resting on the lap lane lines is restricted.
- Running, pushing, shoving, boisterous behavior, rough play, or foul and abusive language is strictly prohibited at all times.
- Any type of personal floatation devices except USCG approved devices, are prohibited. The use of bulky floatation devices is prohibited. Inflatable items are prohibited.
- Usage of pool cardio, aerobic, and training equipment is open to use by adult patrons for fitness purposes. Usage of pool cardio, aerobic, and training equipment is prohibited for children due to safety concerns. Use of personal pool noodles is restricted to adult fitness/training purposes only.
- Aquatics staff reserves the right to restrict usage of both facility and private equipment or toys pertinent to the requirements of the program. Authorized private equipment/toys are kickboards, flippers, snorkels, goggles, USCG approved vest, and drive rings/sticks. Water guns and/or similar items are prohibited.
- Climbing on lifeguard chairs or tampering with emergency lifesaving equipment is prohibited.
- No fraternizing with lifeguards allowed. Harassment of Aquatics Staff or other patrons is prohibited.
- Photography that has not been sanctioned is prohibited.
- Patrons whose actions pose a threat to other patrons, staff, equipment, and/or the facility will be dismissed and/or banning from the facility at the Management’s discretion.
Zembiec Pool Events & Classes
SMP Summer Pool Party
Friday, August 13, 2021 • 1700–2000 • Zembiec Pool.
FREE! Fun, Cookout Food, Pool/Outdoor Games, Prize, Raffles and Giveaways. Open to Active Duty Service members only. For more information, contact THE SMP Coordinator at 703-979-8420 ext.313 or 703-220-1001.
• Shallow Water Focus: Monday & Wednesday
• Deep Water Focus: Tuesday & Thursday
• Cross Training Focus: Fridays
Unit Training: AMP-IT Instructor can be requested for Unit Training.
Swim Qualification Coaching: Active Duty and Reserve Uniformed Service Members requiring assistance in meeting their service specific swim qualifications can request one on one coaching with Aquatics Instructors.
Swim Qualification Tests: Space to conduct Swim Qualification Tests is open for walk-ins (Space Available) and by reservation to all Uniformed Service Members
Semper Fit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations upon request. Please contact us at 703-693-7351 at least one (1) week in advance of event.
Unit Training at the Zembiec Pool Facility is open for walk-ins (Space Available) and by reservation to all Uniformed Service Members.
Please email us at: ombhhAquatics@usmc-mccs.org.
Aquatics Maximum Power Intense Training – AMP-IT
An instructor led, low impact, high intensity cardio conditioning course AMP-IT is open to Uniformed Service Members and DoD/USCG Civilians.
• Session for Unit available by request.
• Contact us by email: ombhhAquatics@usmc-mccs.org.
Major Douglas A. Zembiec
Major Douglas A. Zembiec was an officer in the United States Marine Corps who was killed in action in Baghdad while serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom. A graduate of the Naval Academy, Major Zembiec was a motivating and inspiring leader as well as a prolific author. He was awarded a Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat Distinguishing Device and two Purple Hearts.