Henderson Hall "The Week Ahead"
The Week Ahead
Updated July 21.
Friday, July 21
- Learn how to care for your new baby! Baby Boot Camp is held 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM in Bldg. 12, for expectant parents. Attendees receive a coupon for lunch that day at the Java Café, courtesy of Navy Mutual Aid Association. Register to attend: 703-614-7204.
- Golf With Us meets at Forest Greens Golf Club in Triangle, Virginia, with a tee time of 8:30 AM. 703-697-2706.
Saturday, July 22
- The SMP makes costumes for patients at a local children’s hospital with the volunteer organization Only Make Believe, leaving the barracks at 8:15 AM. Register online on the SMP page www.mccshh.com/SMPEvents.html. Register by July 19. 703-695-1591.
Sunday, July 23
- No events scheduled.
Monday, July 24
- Senior Leadership Transition Readiness Seminar is held this week starting each day at 7:30 AM in Bldg. 21. This session is full; call 703-614-6828 for upcoming dates.
- The SMP volunteers serving meals to people who are homeless at Grate Patrol, leaving the Smith Gym pull-up bars at 5:15 PM. 703-695-1591.
Tuesday, July 25
- Education and Career Services gives the Defense Language Proficiency Test by appointment 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM. Call 703-614-9104 to register, and see www.mccsHH.com/EducationTests.html for details.
- The Personal Financial Management Program holds a four-day Command Financial Specialist course 7:30 AM – 4 PM in Bldg. 29, Rm. 204. Call 703-614-6950 to register.
Wednesday, July 26
- Anger management 8-week session is held at CBIRF 9:30 – 11:30 AM. Call 703-614-7204 for details.
- Men’s STOP domestic violence intervention group meets 1 – 3 PM in Bldg. 12’s conference room. 703-614-7204.
Thursday, July 27
- Capstone Review is offered by appointment 9 AM – 3 PM. Call 703-614-6828 to schedule.
- Outdoor Play Morning for parents and caregivers with children up to age 5 meets 10 – 11:30 AM at Virginia Highlands Park. Register: 703-696-3512 or TTY 703-696-4675.
- Learn skills for coping with work and family life stress from Marine & Family 3 – 4:30 PM in Bldg. 12’s, Conference Room. Register to attend: 703-614-7204.
Friday, July 28
- The SMP offers a “float in Movie” at the Fort Myer pool behind Patton Hall. Grab a tube and relax in the pool while you catch a movie. 703-695-1591.
Saturday, July 29
- It’s Ladies’ Day Out at the Henderson Hall Marine Corps Exchange! Come and stay 11 AM – 4 PM to enjoy product demos, visit with vendor reps, and pick up a punch card for the chance to get 15% off select merchandise (see store for details). Come see our Macy’s brand apparel at low MCX prices. Many gift with purchase and enter for a chance to win opportunities. 703-979-8420.
Sunday, July 30
- No events scheduled.
Monday, July 31
- The School Liaison Student Self-Discovery Workshop begins today and continues daily, 8 AM – 4 PM, through August 3 in Bldg. 29. 703-693-8378. www.mccsHH.com/SL.html.
Upcoming and Ongoing...
- The official 2017 White House Christmas ornament, honoring the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt, is available at the Henderson Hall MCX for $19.95.
- See MCX sales circulars in store and online at www.mccshh.com/mcxsalesevents.html.
- The United States Marine Corps challenges Marines to protect what you’ve earned and win your personal battles. Help is available through online chat or phone for anonymous, peer-to-peer counseling 24/7. Online chat is at www.DSTRESSLINE.com or call 877-476-7734. This is a service of the United States Marine Corps.
- Domestic Violence Victim Advocacy Support Line: 202-439-6038, 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Support Line: 571-205-1298, 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
- For ongoing tests given by Education & Career Services, please call 703-614-9104 or visit www.mccsHH.com/educationtests.html. For ongoing financial management sessions, please call 703-614-6950 or visit www.mccsHH.com.Finance.html.
- Stay up-to-date on MCCS Henderson Hall activities by liking mccsHH on Facebook and following mccsHH on Twitter. We’re now on Instagram, too! Visit our website, www.mccsHH.com. On a mobile device? You'll be automatically redirected to our mobile site.