Marine Corps Victim Advocate provide information, guidance and support to victims. They are first responders. Specifically trained Victim Advocates will respond to incidents of domestic violence or sexual assault 24/7, but may also be contacted during working hours by anyone with questions or concerns.
Self-Assessment for Relationship Violence
Do any of the following describe your current or past relationships?
- My partner is extremely jealous or controlling. S/he accuses me of cheating or keeps me from work/school/church/friends. I feel cut off from friends or family. S/he constantly calls/texts to check up on me.
- Sometimes I feel afraid or scared. My partner intimidates me by breaking things or threatens to hurt me or someone I care about.
- My partner tries to make me feel bad about myself. S/he puts me down, calls me names, or criticizes me.
- My partner physically fights me - hitting, pushing, or shoving.
- My partner has strangled me.
- My partner has forced me to have sex when I haven't wanted to.
- I have done these things to my partner.